The department responsible for training specialists at the first (bachelor’s) and second (master’s) levels of higher education in the specialty 081 “Law” is the Department of Legal Disciplines of the Kharkiv Institute of Private Joint-Stock Company “Higher education institution “Interregional Academy of Personnel Management”. The department is constantly working on improving the educational and methodological base, in particular, work is underway on the didactic provision of educational courses, updating work training programs, practices, tickets, topics of coursework, test tasks, etc.
The specialty program 081 “Law” is focused on providing legal education with wide access to employment and further education; ensuring the formation and development of general and professional competences in the field of law, which provides wide opportunities for employment and career development, based on the knowledge in the field of law obtained by higher education graduates.
• Commercial and labor law
Upon completion of training, the graduate receives the qualification: Bachelor of Law, specializing in Economic and Labor Law. The term of study is 4 years for full-time and 4.6 years for extramural forms of study.
Program focus: A Bachelor of Law must master the competencies necessary to understand the nature and functions of law, the content of its main legal institutions, the application of law, as well as the limits of legal regulation of various social relations. Taking into account the fact that in today’s conditions, employers objectively have fewer and fewer opportunities to improve the professional readiness of an employee at the workplace, professional personnel capable of performing serious tasks immediately after being hired are needed. The growth of the demand for professional lawyers on the labor market proves the need for special care in the process of professional training of future specialists. In order to meet the requirements of the time, such lawyers should be trained according to a special program in which, in addition to theoretical knowledge, an extended practical component and direct interaction of students with practice bases is expected.
The purpose of the educational program: To form in the students of higher education the ability to solve complex specialized tasks and practical problems in the field of law or in the learning process, which involves the application of legal doctrines and principles and is characterized by the complexity and uncertainty of conditions.
Professional competencies of the specialty:
In the process of study, students will acquire fundamental knowledge about the state and law, their theoretical foundations, patterns of development within the historical boundaries of Ukraine and the world in general, knowledge of the principles, models and norms of legislation in the field of Constitutional law, the history of Ukraine and the history of Ukrainian culture, private law disciplines; procedural branches of law (civil procedural, economic procedural, administrative justice, criminal procedural law), will help to carry out practical professional activity in the field of law enforcement; knowledge of professional disciplines “Advocacy in Ukraine”, “Notary”, “Judicial and law enforcement bodies”, “Legal deontology” will help future specialists to realize themselves in professional life; knowledge of social sciences and humanitarian disciplines (philosophy, logic, sociology, economics) will form competences in the application of non-legal disciplines in legal practice, development of thinking, broadening of horizons; knowledge of a foreign language in a professional direction, professional Ukrainian language, basics of business communication will contribute to the acquisition of language and speech competences, the formation of a conceptual and categorical apparatus, international communications; knowledge of informatics and computer technology ensures the use of modern computer technology, search and special professional databases in legal practice.
• Knowledge of the basics of the theory and philosophy of law, the structure of the legal profession and its role in society.
• Knowledge of the history of law and state institutions.• Knowledge of the standards of the legal profession.
• Knowledge of international human rights standards.
• Knowledge of the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, as well as precedent practice of the European Court of Human Rights.
• Knowledge of the principles and doctrines of international public law, as well as the content of the main international legal institutions.
• Knowledge of the basics of European Union law.
• Knowledge of the principles and doctrines of national law, as well as the content of legal institutions of such fundamental branches of law as: constitutional law, administrative law and administrative procedural law, civil and civil procedural law, labor law, criminal and criminal procedural law.
• Skills in the implementation and application of substantive and procedural law.
• Ability to apply knowledge in practical activities when modeling legal situations.
• Ability to determine relevant and acceptable facts for legal analysis.
• Ability to analyze legal issues and form legal positions.
• Ability to apply legal reasoning.
• Ability to identify problems of legal regulation and propose ways to solve them, including overcoming legal uncertainty.
• Skills of logical, critical and systematic analysis of documents, understanding of their legal nature and meaning.
• Skills of consulting on legal issues, in particular, possible ways to protect the rights and interests of clients, in accordance with the requirements of professional ethics, proper compliance with the rules on non-disclosure of personal data and confidential information.• Skills of independent preparation of projects of law enforcement acts.
• Ability to critically and systematically analyze legal phenomena and apply acquired knowledge in professional activities.
Program learning outcomes
Future specialists will be able to apply professional knowledge and practical skills from fundamental disciplines in the process of protecting the rights of participants in legal relations; will acquire relevant knowledge and skills for solving practical and theoretical problems, it is expedient to use software and information technologies in practical legal and scientific research work; will possess methodological techniques of scientific research, will be able to apply applied methods in the process of researching the state and prospects of the development of law, use modern methods of systematic scientific analysis; will acquire the skills of written and oral presentation of the results of their own work, scientific and practical material, as well as the skills of working in a team to solve legal tasks related to real cases of legal regulation of business activity; the ability to solve mental problems of planning and organizing the legal process, solving a legal case, forming process tactics and strategies, collecting and evaluating evidence, etc.
Practical skills in the subject area, professional development, research and interpretation of normative legal acts, legal customs, normative contracts and other sources of law; fluency in legal terminology and legal techniques; skills in the development of normative legal acts; the ability to competently apply normative legal acts and legal norms in the field of private legal relations, independently draw up legal documents.
An applicant for a higher education degree of a bachelor in the specialty 081 “Law” must demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
• to determine the weight and persuasiveness of arguments in the assessment of previously unknown conditions and circumstances;
• carry out a synthesis of relevant concepts and doctrinal provisions of public policy in the context of the analyzed problem and demonstrate one’s own vision of ways to solve it;
• collect and integrated analysis of materials from various sources;
• formulate your own reasoned judgments based on the analysis of a known problem.
• give a brief conclusion on certain problems with sufficient justification;
• evaluate the shortcomings and advantages of arguments, analyzing a known problem;
• coordinate the plan of one’s own research and independently form materials based on specified sources;
• use a variety of information sources to learn complex questions on a certain topic;
• independently determine and formulate those issues that require help and act in accordance with the recommendations;
• fluent in written and spoken state language, correctly using legal terminology;
• to present material on a certain issue in such a way as to reveal the content of the main issues;
• reproduce content, demonstrating understanding of basic professional and social topics;
• properly use digital and statistical information obtained from primary and secondary sources for their professional activities;
• freely use available information technologies and databases for professional activities;
• use computer programs within standard software using spreadsheets, graphs and other capabilities;
• work in a group as a participant, forming one’s own contribution to the performance of the group’s tasks;
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the definition of the main modern legal doctrines, values and principles of functioning of the national legal system;
• explain the nature and content of the main legal institutions and procedures of national law;
• demonstrate the necessary knowledge and understanding of the essence and content of the main legal institutions and norms of the fundamental branches of law;
• apply acquired knowledge in various legal situations, distinguish legally significant facts and form justified legal conclusions;
• independently prepare drafts of the necessary acts of application of the law in accordance with the legal conclusion made in various legal situations;
• provide advice on possible ways to protect the rights and interests of clients in various legal situations.
Employment: A specialist with a bachelor’s degree in law can hold primary positions in state executive and judicial authorities, local self-government, prosecutor’s office, advocacy, Security Service of Ukraine, internal affairs, customs service, State Executive Service, State Criminal Enforcement Service, legal services enterprises, institutions, organizations, etc.
Continuation of education: The possibility of studying in the second-level program in specialties 081 “Law” or related master’s educational-scientific / educational-professional programs of higher education.
The master’s degree in the specialty 081 “Law” is prepared for work in positions that require a higher legal education: in state executive bodies; in local self-government bodies; courts of general jurisdiction and specialized courts; prosecutor’s office; bodies of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine; notary system; lawyers; legal services of enterprises of all forms of ownership; legal educational institutions.
The training of future specialists in the field of law at the Kharkiv Institute of Private Joint-Stock Company “Higher education institution “Interregional Academy of Personnel Management”” is carried out in compliance with the requirements of the Code of Academic Integrity, which establishes the moral principles and rules of ethical behavior of persons working and/or studying at the institute, which they should be guided by in their activities during training or provision of educational services, and also determines the procedures for ensuring compliance with academic integrity at the Kharkiv Institute of Private Joint-Stock Company “Higher education institution “Interregional Academy of Personnel Management”, types of responsibility for specific violations of academic integrity.
The legal education of students at the Kharkiv Institute of Private Joint-Stock Company “Higher education institution “Interregional Academy of Personnel Management”is facilitated by the work of permanently active Student Scientific Clubs, in particular the scientific and legal Club “Themis”, at the meetings of which modern problems of jurisprudence, legal aspects in the field of management, economy and business are considered.
An important link in the modernization of the educational process at the institute is the practice of holding multi-faceted round tables in which teachers and students take an active part.The institute operates the NNL “Legal Clinic named after Ataman Anton Golovaty of the Kharkiv Institute of Private Joint-Stock Company “Higher education institution “Interregional Academy of Personnel Management”, headed by a graduate of the specialty Serhii Mishchenko, where every student can develop practical work skills in their specialty.
In the educational process and research work, computer, reproduction and copying equipment are used, which provide urgent small-run copying. Separate hours are set aside for students to work on personal computers using the Internet. In the educational process, as well as in administrative work, other equipment is used: laptops, printers, copiers, scanners, multimedia projectors. This makes it possible to successfully and actively introduce the latest multimedia and interactive technologies into the educational process, namely: to supplement lectures by showing slides, drawings, diagrams, diagrams, videos, to show thematic documentaries and lectures of leading scientists, recorded on electronic media; to use these applications during scientific and scientific-practical conferences.
Certification of higher education applicants is carried out on the basis of assessment of the quality of mastering the educational and professional program (OPP), the level of acquired professional knowledge, acquired abilities and skills, the degree of formation of the system of professional competences of the bachelor and master, provided for by the requirements of the legislation on higher education.
To meet the region’s need for highly qualified specialists, a multi-level education structure has been created at the Kharkiv Institute of Private Joint-Stock Company “Higher education institution “Interregional Academy of Personnel Management”. Different forms of education have been introduced, which provide an opportunity to get an education, studying both in the full-time form of education and without leaving the main place of work. Education at the Institute is conducted under direct agreements (contracts) between the Institute and the student and does not require state funds